Monday, March 05, 2007

Happy Birthday, Patsy and Welcome Baby Maddox

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday. I won't tell you how old she is, but she was born in 1942. She is almost 12 years older than me. My sister married at the old age of 18, meaning that I can't even remember life at home with my sister. All that aside, I can't imagine life without my sister. I guess the reason I am saying this is because this week we found out that Brian and Tina Maddox are going to have a baby! Needless to say, this was a surprise to all of us. Tina has kept the "secret" for 17 weeks, due to the fact that she has had some on again and off again problems. The doctor seems to think everything has settled- so we get to enjoy a brief for us, but long for Tina pregnancy. How does this tie in with Patsy? Well, Brian and Tina have 1 child, 13 year old Sydney. Baby Maddox and Syd are going to be separated by about 14 years. Will they be close?-well, Syd will find great joy in baby, and then Syd is going to do all of the grown-up stuff, and baby will probably be a nuisance. Then Syd will grow up, and baby will grow up, and they will develop a bond that only siblings can know or understand. They may not share some of the things that children born closer together share, but that is okay. They will have a different relationship, one not formed in the sand box, but one formed in the heart. So to Patsy, Happy Birthday, Sister, and to Sydney, congratulations on baby Maddox. I pray that you will have the opportunity to share many happy moments.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't believe it about Tina. I am so happy for her. Man! There's babies EVERYWHERE. I hope all is well with you. :o)

P. McGuirk said...

Susan, thank you for the tribute!

What Susan did not mention is that our Mother was 43 when Susan was born and lived another 43 years after she was born! I always wanted a little sister, not that I did not love my brother, and was thrilled when she was born. In those days, you did not know what you were getting until you got it! Susan has added a lot of "zest" to our life, and I cannot imagine how dull life would have been without her.

In my defense, I was born in 1943.

pageant-judge said...

This is all really sweet news! Happy Birthday to my Mother (Pat) and Welcome Baby Maddox!

All My Best,
Laura L. McGuirk

lesliemcguirk said...

I was going to address the "1942" issue as well, but, as usual, you beat me to it. :)

Happy Birthday Mother!

Leslie

Granna said...

I did mental math- my mental does not always work!

lmbolus said...

Happy Birthday, Mother, (no matter how old you are)and "Congratulations" to the Maddox family on the new addition. Lisa