Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Temptation


On Monday Kim and I went back to Weight Watchers. It was not a minute too soon for me. I have stress ate for the past four months. I never thought I was a stress eater, but I have been lately. Add the stress to eating out a lot more and you have gained poundage! Every blooming time I loose weight, I say..."I am not going to gain this weight back", only to have it find it's way back onto my body. I stopped short, this time, of gaining it all back....but I had a good start on it. Why is it so hard?
Today was Cinco de Mayo, and our Hispanic parents cooked for us...I ate one bite and tossed mine and ate my measured lunch. We also had cake for Teacher Appreciation week....I left it alone, but I did not want to. I just want to get to the point where my mouth does not water when someone comes in with a plate of cake and offers it to me. Yes, I play mind games...like how much better I feel when I am eating right, or how much better I look, but my mouth still slobers for that piece of cake. I remember as a kid how I loved candy, and I remember thinking that when I got to be an adult I would not want candy because I did not see grown ups eating candy with the passion that I would tear into that GooGoo bar...guess what???? I still love it. But I love life more. So in light of my love of life, I will take my still good health and try to do what I can to stay that way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do it girl! I have gained back some of mine too and have to get back on track. It is so hard! I will be pulling for you