Sunday, August 16, 2009

Back on Track


The past several months I have struggled with staying focused on my "diet". The summer was not kind to me, with camp (yes, most of us gain weight eating 3 full meals each day, including dessert at two of those meals and hot buttered yeast rolls daily!), then vacation, etc. Happily I have not had a complete backslide, but I had slipped into the next 10 pounds of numbers (the upper end of the next 10 pound range!)- somewhere I did not want to go. I have managed to shed several of those pounds in the past couple of weeks, but it will probably be another 3 weeks before I get back to my "low"- of course my "low" was a weight I was at one day! I have not abandoned ship and I think this is the longest period of time I have successfully kept off a large amount of weight before regaining all of it, so for that I am thankful. My motivation is still high and I am going to win this battle! I have so much that I need to be healthy for- but most importantly for myself. So, say an extra prayer for me that I can withstand the evil forces of food (well, of the wrong choices and quantity in food), and continue to see the scales head south!


3 comments:

Sean Anderson said...

Very nice that you're back on track! Oh those rolls---i love rolls!!! Hot buttery moist...squishable---tasty! Sory 'bout that.
Uh, what I cam here to do was, first of all---Nice blog!
Secondly---Thank you for the nice comment on mine,
and thirdly---
Those wraps I blogged about? They're called "Flat Out" Flatbread made with 100%stone ground whole wheat-- we have the "light original" version. Only 90 calories---0g sugar---a whopping 9 grams of fiber!! And at the risk of sounding like a commercial..They taste great!
Comes 6 in a package for two bucks I think...Irene bought them. Great product! I look forward to using them for super thin low calorie pizza!!

My best always
Sean

David Courington said...

OOOOOOO- that cartoon is hard hitting. Just got off the scales and am up a few myself. Just ate my Fibre One and plan to be very good today. We've come to far to go back now. Going to visit hospitals and perhaps a hike in p.m. I Love you. By the way, enjoyed visiting your very inviting library the other day.

P. McGuirk said...

Looking good! Keep up the good work!!