Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Book Club and Laundry Detergent


We had an enjoyable evening at our first book club meeting. We don’t really have a name for our “group” so I guess we are just the “Book Club”. Ian wanted to know why Jennifer was going to the “Club” last night! How funny.
Our next book is “The Secret Life of Bees”. If you are reading this, then you might want to join us for our next meeting on February 23rd. On another note- I had such as great time with the young girls last night. I always enjoy being around younger women- it gives me hope for the future! I am also excited that Mary is doing so well and was able to host the book club. We had good food and great fun talking, laughing, and enjoying some girl time. We started discussing saving money, and our conversation got around to the Duggar family and how they make their own laundry detergent. So today I got online and read up on making your own laundry detergent- it is not hard at all and it makes the cost of a load of laundry to be about a penny. Comparison studies likens the cleaning power to Tide. I am going to see if I can find the ingredients- the only thing hard to find is Arm and Hammer Washing Soda (not baking soda) according to the online information. I thought if some of us wanted to, we might use the church kitchen one night and have a laundry detergent making session. Anyone interested?

6 comments:

Mandi said...

I think it would be fun to do the laundry detergent! Sorry I missed last nights club meeting. I didn't know about it!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that! I bet that book club meeting is so much fun

Rachel said...

Well, I think ya'll are crazy but if you want to do it, I guess I will give making laundry detergent a shot. Mandi, I wondered if you knew. If you go to my blog, there is a link on the side that says "the book nook." I might change it just to book club but I am posting information on meeting times etc. Lori Beth, you are more than welcome to come!

I had a good time last night too! I am looking for to the next one.

Kim said...

Count me in on the laundry detergent!

Paul said...

Do I have to come?

Emily said...

I would try it, more for the company (cause I like my good smelling detergent), but who could pass up an opportunity to save some money? I'm there!