Wednesday, September 19, 2007

How I wish.....


In just over three weeks, the Good Lord willing, baby Lila will join our family. I am, as with the past three, excited to welcome this little one to our family. I can’t help but to think about the people that I wish could be here to welcome her, especially my mother and Lila Mae. How proud they would both be. My mother loved her grandchildren beyond words. She hung on every bit of news about their lives. She was so proud of their accomplishments, and she surely thought they were all beautiful. Mother was proud of Kim, and was so excited that she had met such a nice young man. She so wanted to be at their wedding, but that was not meant to be. The song about “holes in the floor of heaven” is a sweet song. I don’t know how Heaven works, but in my heart I want to think that Mother knows the good parts of our lives. I want her to know about Addi, Levi, and Hannah. I want so to share their cute stories with her, and yet I can’t. She would find them to be even smarter than her own grandchildren! Lila Mae loved my children so much. She would be honored that Kim and Paul have chosen to honor her by naming this new child, Lila. So, Baby Lila, Granna is waiting. I pray for your safe arrival for both you and your sweet mother. I am eager to smell the sweetness of a newborn, to hold you in my arms, and to look at the future through your eyes.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

You are such a sweet person. Lila, as well as your other grandchildren, are very blessed to have a granna like you. =)

Granna said...

I appreciate the compliment. I feel blessed to be their Granna!

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Well I know you can not wait to see her. She will be just as sweet and just as cute as the other's are. Who know's she might turn out to be an Alabama Fan to. Roll Tide Roll

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

Thanks for the tears this morning. lol I know you are excited & we are all praying for Lila's safe arrival!