Friday, July 28, 2006

Where Oh Where Has My Summer Gone?

It has dawned on me that Summer vacation is about to be over for those of us in the field of education. Who said that teachers get a 3 month vacation- you can wipe out August because most of us return to work the first part of the second week. I have had a Summer of workshops, conferences, and Building Leadership Team meetings. There have been few days when I did not have something to do or somewhere to go. I scheduled my doctor, dentist, and eye appointments for Summer so that cut into the time even more. I am thankful for my job and I do realize that I have more "off" time than many so for that I am thankful.
I monitored my friend's comprehensive exam today. I am glad it was her and not me when I saw the questions. I thought they were hard. I think she did okay although we started off shaky when we realized that the University of West Alabama had sent me a copy of the exam for Counselors and not Library Media students. After some panic I managed to reach the Dean of the School of Education and he immediately sent the right questions. Life is funny because I met this girl when her daughter and Kim started Kindergarten. We lost touch some years later although she worked for the same system. We "reconnected" last year and I actually supervised her Library Internship for the University of West Alabama. Sometimes I think life does go in a circle and it pays to be kind to people- you never know when they will show up in your life, again!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I always knew you were a cool mother in law, but having a blog now confirms it.

Kim said...

Welcome to the world of blogging...it's funny that there's enough funny/interesting stuff about Addi to keep 3 blogs going! Love you!

Emily said...

Nice blog! I will enjoy reading it!