Friday, April 16, 2010

Addi Update




I stated I was not going to post until I had a happy post, but I will do one brief entry. Addi will be going back to Children's at the first of the week for in-house treatment. This will consist of IV treatment, for one thing. She will also be seen by everyone who needs to see her during a consolidated period of time. We do feel better about Birmingham, at least today. If you try something and it does not work, at least you are trying, and that is all we can ask. We are not unrealistic. We know that some things don't work, and we can't fault that...but at least try! This child has suffered. Is she stressed...yes, but as the headache doctor said, stress is not what caused this, but stress is a side-efffect of this situation. About four weeks into this ordeal, the stress did set in, and that may have to be addressed along with the migraine situation. We are also hoping that the gastro doctor will go ahead and rule out any gallbladder issues. As many of you know, we have been plagued with bad gallbladders, and not just gallstones. The more I read, many people suffer with migraine as a side effect of gallbladder issues. So, while this might be an unlikely issue, it needs to be checked. She has an appointment in a week and a 1/2 with the gastro people, but maybe they will get it checked while in-house. So, please pray for Addi and all involved. Pray for her relief and pray that her life will be returned to her so that she can play ball and go to birthday parties and all the fun things she is missing. Also, send her a card if you have not. She looks forward to the mail each day. If you need the address, send me your e-mail and I will send it to you. I don't like posting it online.
Pray!


1 comment:

Crystal said...

Please do send me her address. You can message me on Facebook.

I hope this visit brings the answers we've all prayed for and that she'll finally have some relief.