Friday, February 05, 2010

What a Start to the New Year

I guess I have all but forsaken my blog and moved on to Facebook. I do still check everyone's blogs and love to read the updates. As most of you know, we have had a pretty rough start to the new year- Addi and Katie have both been sick, and then today Levi fell and cut his chin (he is still in the ER as I type). My sister, Patsy, has also had surgery. She was a sick cookie, but is on the road to recovery after the removal of a massive ovarian tumor (all is good and benign, thank God). Katie, hopefully, will have some relief week after next when they go back in for the second time to get her big kidney stone. Addi, my sweet Addi, has truly been in terrible pain with what we have just found to be a pseudo tumor. She had a spinal tap yesterday, and today took her third dose of the medication. She looked up at me today and said, "Granna, I am in such pain." Now talk about want to cry for a child, I wanted to cry. I pray the medicine works in a hurry- apparently they can't really give her anything for pain- it must not work for the problem. She is going to go home today, once Levi leaves the ER.
Pray for us- we need it!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

We have been praying and will continue to pray! Your family is on our prayer list in SS. I hope Addi and Katie both feel relief very soon.

Crystal said...

Bless your hearts! We will be praying for them all that they will feel better very soon.