Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Jaiden Ashley Courington








Jaiden Ashley made her entrance on Tuesday, October 20th at 7:16 a.m. She weighed 7 pounds and 14 ounces and was 20 2/3 inches long. She has very dark hair, and lots of it. She also has long eyelashes- as the doctor said- "The eyelashes delivered before she did!" We think she is beautiful. I was so honored to be allowed to attend her birth. What a special moment. Katie made the process look simple, although I know presonally that it isn't! The doctor almost missed the birth, but the nurses seemed to be able to handle the situation (the nurse had already delivered a baby by herself that morning!)- we are glad he did show up, though!
Hannah assured us that "I will not drop her"- meaning, hand her to me and let me walk around, not just sit on this coach and hold her! All of the grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and so many friends were there during the day to visit. I know Katie had to be ready for all of us to leave so she could get some rest.
We are thankful to God for the blessing of this sweet baby. We pray that we will do our part to be good and Godly examples. Children are a gift from God and grandchildren are just an added bonus.
Welcome to the loudness, madness, closeness, and love of this family, Miss Jaiden. You are special!!!!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bless! I LOVE ALL THAT HAIR!!! I'm glad everyone is doing great!

Livin With 2 Monkeys... said...

I'm so happy for everyone...She is too precious, and Katie doesn't even look like she just had a baby!! Congrats to all!

The McDowells said...

Congratulations! I love it when babies have hair!