Friday, January 12, 2007

Three Simple Words


The other night, after I had gone to bed, the telephone rang. David was in the living room watching television, and I was half-watching the television in the bedroom. I muted my television to hear David answer the telephone. I can always tell by the tone of his voice whether or not the call signals a problem, a simple conversation, or some church issue. Once I determine that no one is injured, bleeding, or dead, I usually hit the mute button and continue my television watching (just so you will know I do not eaves drop!). I soon realized that it was Daniel calling to ask his Dad about a dishwasher problem. I started to drift back off to sleep when I heard the 3 words that Kim, Josh, or Daniel say to us in every conversation, or the 3 that David or I say- “I love you”. I know they are simple words- but they mean so much. I am so proud of my children. I am proud that they tell us they love us, and I know they mean it. Useless words are just that- useless. Now I have Addi and Levi to say, “I love you”, and soon Hannah will follow. I could not be more blessed. David always tells me he loves me, and I never tire of hearing it. Have you told someone you love them, today?

No comments: