Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Happy Anniversary, David

Today marks our 30th wedding anniversary. Time has a way of moving by, and it seems unreal that we have been married 30 years. The day we married was headlined as the “Coldest Day of the Century”- but my heart and my feelings for my sweet husband were certainly warm. No, things have not always been perfect, and yes, we have had moments when we did not see eye to eye, but, in reality, it has been a truly wonderful and exciting time. I awoke to a wonderful card this morning- one not created by Hallmark, but by David. I did not get poetry, but I did get wonderful sentiments that I knew were from his heart. When I told people at work that today was my anniversary, most asked, “How long?” When I replied, “30 years” the reaction by many was- “To the same man!” How sad that this world does not think you can remain loyal and true to just one person for a lifetime. I hope that God grants us many more years to enjoy one another. I love you, David.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary!

Paul said...

What a great example of Godly marriage. I'm blessed to not only have parents who have been a tremendous example to me, but two in laws too. I love you guys and congratulations!

David Courington said...

I have been a bit slow on my blogging reading lately and just reading this on 12/27. All my love. David