Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Delinquent Blogger


Almost a whole month without a post. I have many excuses, none of which I will try to use at this point. Sadly, I don't really have much to blog about today. I have spent the last month getting the media center organized. We have come from the dark ages to a land of milk and honey. Everything is nice- now not as nice as some I am certain, but for this little lot of inner city Birmingham- NICE. So nice, in fact, that thieves could not resist breaking in to our new school on this past weekend. They wiped out only 1 classroom- of course it was the teacher who had all of my equipment checked out. I lost an LCD projector and our ELMO projector. That in itself was multiple thousands of dollars. The school system seldom replaces anything stolen, you are basically just out of luck.
Life is good. The grands are growing and making life happy. We are working to adjust to our new "child" (MaMa Courington), and PaPa seems to be making it well, all things considered. While the arrangement might not be what we would all like it to be, we are going to make the best of the situation. We are thankful for Cherry Hill as they truly seem to take good care of our PaPa. A few weeks ago we made a Sunday visit. Kim, Paul, Addi, and Levi went with us. As we came through the door Levi yelled to PaPa- "You found me!" Levi also uses this in the mornings when Kim gets him out of bed- it's not that he is lost, it's just his way of saying, "I am glad to see you." Levi truly loves his PaPa. I am sad that he can't know the real man, but he loves him for what he is at this moment, not expecting anything more. We must all learn from him.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I sorry for what you all and MaMa and PaPa are going through but I am so impressed with how your family has come together to do what is best for everyone. It speaks highly of the whole family. I am sorry that I did not get to know David's parents a little earlier. I have already come to love MaMa since she has been around more often. She is so funny and sweet!